In this episode of K9 Conservationists, Kayla speaks with Jeff Rennickle. They talk about inspiring others to care about the land and Jeff’s experiences with photographing the world and teaching at the Conserve School.
Episode suggestion: Give yourself grace for what you’re capable of right now.
Call to action: Find a place that speaks to you, visit it often, and find out what you can do to get involved in its protection.
What is wilderness?
- The wildness of our planet and the existence of everything in it
- The preservation of the world
- There’s always two people in a photograph: photographer and viewer
Words and photos have the power to inspire people. Why does it matter?
- “Knowledge without love will not stick, but teach someone to love something first, then knowledge will follow.” – John Burroughs
What are some of the lessons you’ve learned from working with adults vs children?
- There are a lot of similarities
- There are subtle difference in pacing, assumption of understanding, etc., but you are still telling stories about a cause you want them to fall in love with
- “Facts and figures don’t stick, it’s love” – Jeff
Links Mentioned in the Episode:
Where to find Jeff: Website | Instagram | Facebook | Friends of the Apostle Islands
You can support the K9 Conservationists Podcast by joining our Patreon at patreon.com/k9conservationists.
K9 Conservationists Website | Merch | Support Our Work | Facebook | Instagram | TikTok