In this episode of K9 Conservationists, Kayla hosts a panel of conservationists, dog behavior consultants and trainers, and ecologists. Our panel guests this episode are Dr. Charles van Rees, Ken Ramirez, Ursa Acree, Kim Brophy, Laura Holder, and Dr. Erim Gomez.
- What kinds of applications are currently practiced in conservation dogs work that might surprise those of us who don’t know about them?
- What are your top 2 or 3 professional ethics you feel are the most important in the work you do with animals (including humans)?
- What are the top things that you most wish your ecologist colleagues knew about dogs and dog training, that would make your collaborations easier or more productive?
- Where do you see this profession going in the future?
- Do you see an opportunity for pet dogs to become involved in conservation work on a large scale as a way to “give dogs jobs”?
- From your current knowledge of the “working dog world,” where do you see the biggest opportunities to provide these incredible creatures with a healthier body, mind, and life?
- How can dogs be involved in the growing ecology world?
- What advice would you give to yourself 10 years ago? Where do you see yourself in your career 10 years from now?
Links Mentioned in the Episode:
Where to find our panelists:
- Dr. Charles van Rees Website | Twitter | Instagram | Nature Guys
- Ken Ramirez Website | Twitter | Instagram | Karen Pryor Clicker Training
- Ursa Acree Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Kim Brophy Website | Meet Your Dog | Facebook | Ted Talk
- Laura Holder Website | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest
- Dr. Erim Gomez Instagram | Twitter
You can support the K9 Conservationists Podcast by joining our Patreon at patreon.com/k9conservationists.