Whatcha Looking For? Teaching Your Dog a Target Odor (1 hour pre-recorded webinar)
What’s the point of a search dog who doesn’t know what they’re looking for? We will cover introducing target odor to your search dog.
About This Webinar
This is perfect for anyone who is new to nosework, K9 detection, or just interested in moving past basic “find it” games with food. All suggestions will be applicable for a variety of target odors, although the presentation will focus on conservation detection dog work.
We will cover:
- The importance of clean, low-error learning to reduce frustration
- Basic exercises to help your dog learn what they’re looking for
- Sample storage to ensure your dog is learning the target odor and nothing else
- Minimizing odor contamination
- Expanding search area efficiently and strategically
After purchase, you’ll get a receipt. In your receipt, you’ll see a link to view the webinar.